Hair loss for thousands of buy cheap viagra canada years, men and woman of all countries and races has shared the tradedy of premature hair loss. The Egyptians, Romans and Greeks spent fortunes on which they hoped would grow hair. Caesar also had his defeated enemy’s hair cut off as a sign of submission when they were conquered.
In 400 B.C. Hippocrates prescribed a mixture of cumin, pigeon droppings, horse – radish and beetroots or nettles, to help prevent hair loss. Needles to say he, as well as his patients remained absolutely bald.
Shakespeare in nearly all his tragedies used hair loss to portray an ageing king, fool or villain. A bit ironic, considering that Shakespeare himself was bald. Even in America in the 1800’s tough and hardened cowboys lined up to spend their hard earned money on worthless “Snake Oil”, hair growing tonics peddled by charlatan “ Doctors” from the roadside shows.
CONCEPT OF HAIR AND HAIR GROWTH
According to Ayurveda the hair is derived either as a by – product or produced as a breakdown product of Asthi (Bone tissue). Any disturbance in this tissue metabolism, which very much depends on the digestive fire, can affect the health of the hair.
To a certain extend the quality of hair depends on the body constitution.
VATA: constituted people have dry and few hairs, they are mostly thin, dark, coarse and either kinky or curly.
PITA: constituted people are characterized by fine and soft, fair, redish or brownish hair that tends to gray soon.
KAPHA: constituted people usually have oily, dark or dark brown, strong as well as more hairs.
GENERAL CAUSE OF HAIR PROBLEM:
The reason for hair loss is a subject that no two doctors, seem to be able to agree about, everyone seems to have their own opinion on the subject.
• Over exposure to smoke, sun, coldness
• Excessive water activities
• Excess sleep, keeping awake at night
• Over sweating
• Suppression of urges like tears, sneezing, cough ect.
• Over indulgence in alcohol
• Worm manifestations
• Avoidance of oil application
• Sedentary from of work with bent head
• Excessive speech
• Working in a foul smelling atmosphere
• Other causes include heredity factors, ageing, Hormonal imbalance
• Presence of dandruff or lice also causes hair loss.
The life of a scalp hair can range from one to six years. As a result, everyone loses some hair each day. When a hair is relessed from a hair follicle, a new hair should be re – growing from that same follicle to replace the hair, which was lost.
Explanation one: natural hair loss in a man, or male pattern baldness is basically due to male hormones, (collectively known as androgens). In the case of a man who has inherited the necessary
Genes for hair loss, a little of this testosterone is formed by some of the hair roots into a derivative called Dihydrotstosterone that is actually responsible for hair loss.
Explanation two: if the scalp is not cleaned properly the ol becomes wax thus clogging the pores. When a hair is shed, its successor cannot come out.
Explanation three: baldness occurs not though heredity: it is caused because of poor blood flow to the scalp.
Other factors such as mechanical irritation (washing, combing of hair, wearing a helmet, ect.) stress, lack of vitamins or minerals or undue influence of the weather are no cause, but only trigger baldness. Few drugs in the following category may cause hair loss in certain cases: Cholesterolowering drugs, Parkinson Medications: ulcer drugs: etc
Woman may experience loss of hair after menopause and 2-3 months after having a baby. Other contributing factors include: poor diet, poor circulation, acute illness, radiation, chemotherapy, high stress, thyroid imbalance, certain drugs, coming off the contraceptive pill, diabetes, high doses of vitamin A (more than 100, 000 IU), sudden weight loss, high fever, iron deficiency, ringworm, some fungal infection, chemicals and hair dyes, vitamin deficiancies, and lack of proper nutrition
Khalithya (Baldness: Alopecia)
The onset of alopecia is very gradual. As the hair follicles begin to weaken, the loss – re placement process continues. However, the new replacement hairs are much finer in diameter and lighter in color than the normal hair previously lost. Ever finer and the almost invisible villous hairs, which represent the final stage before baldness, in turn, replace these hairs.
These is normally first noticed as a small bald patch on the scalp. A patch can sometimes form overnight. So that the hairs that are shed are found on the pillow in the patch is usually pale and glossy, with no hairs present. Some people have a family history that could suggest a genetic link. However stress & stock have been blamed as reasons.
This is the complete loss of scalp hair combined with the loss of eyebrows and eyelashes, as well as beard hair in men
This is the total loss of all body hair as well as all the scalp hair. This condition could be caused by severe shock, or an accident.
The popular name for this problem is male pattern baldness. It can start in the late teens, mid thirties or even at old age. The hairline recedes and there is loss from the crown until the whole vertex is void of hair. This may develop over a few years. After the menopause, androgenic alopecia develops in many women as bald men in geriatric wards of the hospitals.
Traction alopecia ia baldness due to placing too much tention on the hair, causing it to loosen in the follicle. If a pony tail is too tight there may be hair loss at the frontal hair line. Tight plaiting can result in hair loss at the sides of the base of the plant.
Diffuse alopecia is a gradual loss of hair across the whole scalp without any itching or scaling being present. It occurs in females for a variety of reasons like following child birth high fever or sever emotional stress. Many scalp follicles enter catagen simultaneously, causing thinning of the scalp hair. Other causes are under activity of the thyroid or pituitary glands, a tumor, a lack of lodine & iron. If you have increased hairloss monthly, it could be linked to the menstrual cycle.
This is baldness due to scarring. The follicles are absent in scar tissue. The scarring may be due to wounds, burns or infection.
Hair loss in older individuals may be hormonally driven or genetically programmed follicular dropout – senescent alopecia. Alopecia senilis is baldness due to old age.
Congenital baldness or baldness at birth.
Hair loss due to inflammation of hair follicles.
Baldness, following a nervous disorder or injury to the nervous system.
Pulling out one’s own hair, usually without realizing it, causes this form of har loss. In young children it often occurs after the birth of new child. to get the attention of theparents. In some cases, psychiatric care may be required
In particular, erosive pustular dermatosis of the scalp is a peculiar problem that affects females aged 80 and above. In this disorder, crops of pustules expand into an alopecicpatch, perhaps secondary to an abnormal to staphylococcus aureus.
Virus infection affecting the scalp occurs predominantly in patients over the age of 50 tends to be more severe and longer lasting in older individuals.
Treatments & Home Remedies
• The first step is to locate the root cause in your diet or lifestyle that may be increasing the pitta dosha. Once you locate it, try to give up or at least reduce the diet, habit, or activity responsible for incressing pitta.
• Internal use of Ayurvedic medicines like Thikthakam Kashayam, Thiktakam ghritham as per medical advice are effective to correct the metabolism.
• Ayurvedic general tonics like Narasimha rasayanam, chyavana prasam are effective for improving hair growth.
• Amla (embilica officinalis), Shikakai(Acacia concinna) are very goog for washing the hair.
• Use coconut oil at least three times in a week. Certain medicated oils like ‘ Neelibhringadi oil’ ‘Kunthala kanthi oil’ ‘ Kanjunnyadi oil’ and hasthi danta mashi are very useful.
• The person should maintain a regular bowel movement every day. Triphala, an Ayurvedic herbal powder , is very useful in constipation.
• The diet should contain more green leafy vegetables, salad, milk, and fruits. Take more proteins, milk, butter milk, wheat germ, soybean and vitamin A.
• Rub your scalp vigorously after washing the hair. It increases the blood circulation, and activates the sebaceous glands.
• A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is good to drink to induce hair growth. The juice of carrot and lettuce juice is also good to take.
• Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good
• Washing the hair with a paste of cooked green gram and fenugreek (methi) 2-3 times a week, is also good.
• A paste of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied in the bald patches. It induces hair growth.
• The seeds of fenugreek is soaked in coconut oil and kept under direct Sundays for 7 days and applied to the scalp, which prevents hair loss.
• Apply Keezharnelli (Bhumyamalaki, bot. name phyllanthus urinaria) on to the scalp and bath after 30 minutes.
Daranakam (Dandruff & Seborrhoeic Dermatitis)
Vata and kapha dominated disease on the scalp. Dandruff is a mild inflammation of the scalp causing flaking. The cause for this condition can be extreme dryness of the scalp due to loss of moisture in the hair. Dandruff can also affect those people who do not maintain the hygiene – of their hair. It is recommended a person get adequate amounts of vitamins B6, B12, F and selenium in their diet.
Itching (Dandruff associated with itching in the scalp in usually seen in the people suffering from diabetes mellitus), hair falling, burning sensation, dryness of scalp and hair, falling and breaking of hair ect. While dandruff should be cleared up as a clean scalp can only help prevent hair loss.
Seborrhoeic dermatitis has been called a more extensive and severe form of dandruff because there is no clear divition between the two. Flaking, redness and itching are more severe and can appear on the scalp, in the eyebrows, arund the nose and on the cheeks, behind the ears and even on the chest and around the groin. Dermatitis like dandruff tends to have seasonal differences and usually gets better in the summer and worse in winter.
Treatment & Home remedies
• Ayurveda offers effective treatments like Nasyam, Sirovasthy and suggest blood letting for severe cases.
• Ayurvedic oils like Dhurdhoorapathradi keram, eladi keram etc. can be used for massaging on to scalp before bath.
• Henna leaves (Botanical name lawsonia inermis) are mixed with coconut oil and is kept under direct sunrays for 7 days. Then this mixture is sieved and should be applied to the scalp for 2 hours before bath.
• ‘Triphala’ – powder is mixed with water and applied to the scalp and washed with luke warm water.
• The fruit of ‘Bilwa’ of beal fruit (Aegle marmeolus) is burnt in the fire. After it is burnt, the pulp of the fruit is extracted, made into paste in water and applied to the scalp and washed with luke warm water.
• Use water boiled with amla and vettiveria zizanoids for hair wash.
• Mix coconut milk and lemon juice and apply on scalp before head bath.
• Make a paste with mustard seeds and apply it on the hair for one week daily.
• Mix green gram powder and curd and use it as a hair wash.
Lusterless hair and hair loss
The cause for lusterless hair may be due to too much exposure to sun and wind, causing loss of moisture and also due to non – usage of hair oil.
• To give luster to your hair, add few drops of lemon juice to the water and wash your hair.
• Dried amla (Embelica officinalis) powder is mixed with water and boiled this is used for washing your hair, which gives luster to your hair.
• The skin of ashgourd (Benincasa hipida) is made into paste and mixed with sesame oil and boiled till all the water evaporates leaving only the oil. This is sieved and applied to the scalp for 2 hours before washing hair.
• Hair washing powder: green gram (phaseolus mungo)1 part and fenugreek seeds ½ part is powdered coarsely. This mixture can be used to wash your hair, which does not remove the natural oit from the hair thus preventing dryness of hair.
Palitya (premature graying of hair)
Hypo – pigmentation / graying of hair is termed as pality. Hair has a tendancy to lose its natural tint with age. A white hair is produced by the formation of numerous air spaces throughout the cells composing it. Graying of the hair in old age is natural but premature graying of the hair is a morbid condition. The causative factors include certain diseases like chronic colds, sinusitis. It is caused by excessive temper, grief, excessive heat, which aggravates pitha.
• One who takes mixure of Glyzerhizzaglabra, amla & tinospora cordifolia everyday with honey and ghee will have beautiful back hairs till 100 years.
• Leaves of ‘Manukaparini’ or Indian penny world (Centella asiatica) is taken in 2 parts, powder of clove 1/8th part and cardamom 1/8th part are mixed together and boiled till all the scalp. This gives color to your hair.
• Henna powder (Lowsonia inermis), tea decoction, lemon juice, leaves of white hibiscus are all made into paste and kept overnight in an iron vessel. Next day morning, to this mixture egg white is added and applied to the hair. It should be left for 3 to 4 hours and washed with cold water. It gives black colour to your hair.
• Two parts of Bhringaraja (Ecliptaalba), one part of back sesame seeds, and one part of Amla should be ground be taken with milk and sugar for few months. The head and wash after 1 hour.
• For prevention of premature graying use decoction of amla (Indian gooseberry) daily for washing hair.
General tips on Hair care
• A good brush and comb should be used to keep ypur hair in good condition.
• Every time you wash your hair, wash your brush and comb, and make sure everyone in the household has their own brush and comb.
• Your hairdresser should be a friend to you someone who cuts your hair. find someone that understands your hair and your style of haircut.
• For removing lice
1. Apply the juice of langali leaves (gloriosa superb) on the hair and wash it out after 15 minutes.
2. Mix ½ cup coconut milk and 1 pinch pepper powder and and apply in the hair and wash after some time.
• For blackening the hair
1. iron powder, Bhringaraj (ecliptaalba), Thriphala, and Anjana (Antimony sulphide) and keep this powder mixed with sugarcane juice for one month. Applying Powder this on the hair gives black colour.
2. Thriphala, seeds of mango fruit, and iron powder. These are made into a paste with water. Then keep that paste in an iron vessel for a day and then keep that paste in an iron vessel for a day and then use as external application.
3. Sesame seeds, Amla, Lotus seeds, Lico rice and Henna in same quantities and made a paste with milk and then apply on the hair will darken the hair and also improves hair growth.
Anyone suffering hair loss must be patient. The re – growth period for hair is about two years with a three month resting phase. Hair grows at the rate of about half an inch a month so it takes about a year for six inches to grow and that can seem like a very long time. Have patience and always look on the positive side of your dilemma and you will be rewarded.